Director of Music and Worship
Part-time: 8-10 hours weekly, stipend available
Butte Bible Fellowship (current an elderly congregation with a weekly attendance of 70–80) is seeking a Worship Leader who will work closely with our pastor in cultivating a worshipful environment for our Sunday morning gatherings. While our history is one of hymns, we desire to broaden our perspective (and our appeal), singing the best of the old and the best of the new Christian music.
- Provide musical leadership for Sunday worship service, facilitating an environment that fosters genuine worship of God.
- Responsible for music selection and service flow with support of the pastor.
- Responsible for the selection, development and supervision of worship team participants.
- Responsible for all elements of coordination in preparation for the Sunday morning worship service to include the direction of weekly music team rehearsals.
- Develop and maintain a strong emphasis on prayer among those in music ministry.
- Faith in Jesus Christ and a love for His Church
- An appreciation that worship is not limited to music.
- Reasonable experience/education in worship leadership and supportive technology, including an ability to read music.
- Vocal competence and a preference for instrumental (piano, guitar) leadership.
- An ability to lead and work effectively with people of various ages, experiences and skill levels; collaborate with the pastor in planning and producing meaningful and quality musical worship